Each city has it’s own Bylaws concerning the usage and placement of Leduc Portable Sign Bylaws. Below is a quick summary on the sign regulations for Spruce Grove.
General Sign Regulations for Leduc Portable Sign Bylaws include (but not limited to):
- No sign shall be of such size or design as to, in the opinion of the Development Officer, obstruct the vision of persons using roads abutting the parcel.
- The Development Officer may require the removal of any permanent sign which in his opinion is, or has become unsightly, or is in such a state of disrepair as to constitute a hazard.
- Quality, aesthetic appearance, finishing of sign and landscaping shall reflect the standard in the district to the satisfaction of the Development Officer.
- No trees or plant material shall be removed or damaged to prepare a site for a sign unless new trees are planted or landscaping is introduced to improve the site.
- Signs shall not contain statements, words or pictures that are undesirable, offensive or contrary to the amenities of the neighbourhood.
- All sign require a permit unless stated otherwise by the Bylaw.
- When a sign cannot be clearly categorized as one of the sign types defined in this Bylaw, the Development Officer shall determine the sign type and applicable controls.
|Sign Type||# of Signs / Distance / Placement||Sign Specifications|
|Billboard Signs||between signs 100.0m (328.0ft)between billboard and permanent free-standing sign 25.0m (82.0ft)between billboard and principal building on a parcel 10.0m (32.8ft)from an intersection 30.0m (98.4ft)||19.0sq.m (204.5sq.ft) max area no part of the sign is more than 9.0m (29.5ft) above ground|
|Free-standing permanent signs||1 per site with less than 60m (196.9ft) frontage1 per frontage for corner lots||0.3sq.m (3.2sq.ft) max area for each meter of street frontage to a maximum of 19sq.m (204.3sq.ft)|
|Identification Signs||6.0sq.m (64.5ft) max face area1.3m (4.3ft)max height|
|Inflatable Signs||8m (26.2ft) max height5m (16.4ft) when placed on roof or within 30m (98.4ft) of a residential district|
|Portable Signs||7.0sq.m (75.3sq.ft) max area3.0m (9.8ft) max height|
|Signs With Electronic Message Display||1 per 100.0m (328.0ft) for signs with a face area between 1.0sq.m (10.76sq.ft) – 2.3sq.m (24.75sq.ft)1 per 200.0m (656.16ft) for signs with face area greater than 2.3sq.m (24.75sq.ft)||6.0sq.m (64.5sq.ft) max face area|
|Wall Signs||not more than 20% of the wall is covered|
Portable Sign Bylaws Leduc
The Sign Regulations of the city of Leduc is stated under Part IX of the Land-Use Bylaw. Did not find what you were looking for? Here is a detailed copy of the Bylaw. Leduc Portable Sign Bylaws.